Santa Cruz County
SCCHA Club Membership Rules
The Showgrounds is intended for members' activities with horses. Members should have horses with them when using the facilities unless they are attending a club meeting, other event or volunteering. These exceptions apply: parents or others supervising juniors with horses; individuals in a family membership who accompany family members with horses; trainers or horse care professionals helping clients with their horses. Trainers, horse care professionals, and their clients must be members.
Camping is exclusively for members and guests who wish to remain overnight with their horses.
All members, guests, and group/event participants are to comply with SCCHA rules as stated in this document. Members are responsible to know existing rules and review any updated rules prior to going on the showgrounds. Members and group/event leaders are responsible for the actions of accompanying participants. Adult signature below acknowledges that they take responsibility to make sure the minor/s, that they are responsible for, understand and follow these rules. The SCCHA Board of Directors reserves the right to revoke membership (without refund) and/or deny entrance to Showgrounds if any person or group/event does not comply with these rules. In case of a dispute, members may contact the Board of Directors to interpret a rule or arbitrate a dispute. Rules will be enforced as follows:
1st offense: Board of Directors is notified; offender receives a copy of this document with precise rule circled
2nd offense: Offender must appear before the Board of Directors or lose all rights to use of Showgrounds & Facilities.
3rd offense: Offender loses all membership privileges and all rights to use of Showgrounds & Facilities.
These offenses are cause for immediate loss of membership and expulsion from grounds:
Cardkeys are purchased by NEW Single & Family memberships and function as long as their membership is kept current. They provide access through the front gate, to bathrooms and showers. To open entry gate, put cardkey right up to scanner [to the left of the entry gate approach] to trigger the gate opener. Gate opens automatically upon exit. Do not loan cardkeys to anyone or leave cardkey by front gate for use by others.
MEMBERS: Parking Permits are valid through the membership year and sent via email for you to print. Parking Permit must be placed on the passenger side dashboard and be visible at all times through a vehicle's front window while at the Showgrounds. The vehicle license plates need to be on the Parking Permit.
GUESTS: All Guest vehicles must have a temporary Guest Parking Permit placed on their passenger side dashboard immediately after entering the Showgrounds. (See below.) Unidentified vehicles may be towed at owner's expense.
• Guests visiting for the day: each guest must sign a liability waiver and club rules upon entry to the grounds. Any guest involved in any horse activity or remains on the grounds for more than one hour must pay a day use fee of $10, sign the waiver of liability and sign the club rules.(b) MEMBERS ARE 100% RESPONSIBLE FOR GUESTS following rules, paying fees, signing waivers, and displaying Guest Parking Permits immediately after entering the showgrounds. Failure of guest to sign waiver & rules may result in revocation of HOST’s membership privileges.
• Guests staying overnight: each guest staying overnight must pay an overnight horse camping fee of $10 per person and $15 per horse per night, sign the waiver of liability and sign the club rules. (Overnight guests do not pay day use fee.)
• Remit fees and waiver: make checks payable to SCCHA; cash is acceptable. Completed forms and fees must be deposited at the camping area bulletin board (kiosk) in the black mailbox immediately upon arrival at the showgrounds or provided by email prior to arrival.
• Guests found with dog(s) off leash could be asked to leave the grounds immediately.
1. Members coming to camp overnight MUST register themselves and guest(s) at https://sccha.wildapricot.org/Camping-Reservations Members camp free when they use paddocks on a first-come first-serve basis. Guests pay horse camping and/or day use fees.
2. Camping is confined to the area north of the paved road (Cowell side) only, unless approved by SCCHA Board for large events.
3. No overnight camping within 100 feet of the fence along the adjacent subdivision.
4. No noise or lights after 10:00 p.m.
5. Camping is limited to a maximum of 4 consecutive days.
6. Paddock use is on a first-come first-serve basis. If you plan on camping, check the current newsletter events calendar or website (www.SCCHA.wildapricot.org) to see if the grounds or any of the paddocks have been reserved for an event.
RULES GOVERNING TRAINERS & HORSE CARE PROFESSIONALS
RULES GOVERNING GROUPS OR EVENTS AT THE SHOWGROUNDS
Any group activity held on the grounds must be scheduled through the SCCHA calendar secretary. See current newsletter for contact information. All participants of meetings, work days, groups and events must comply with all SCCHA rules. Group/event leaders are responsible for the actions of their participants. The grounds must be picked up during the event and thoroughly cleaned within 48 hours of the event.
PLEASE NOTE: There are only a few events each year that may interfere with an individual member's use of the showgrounds. If such an event is taking place when you arrive, you may not be able to use the grounds.